From inception to execution of this in memoriam issue, my heart has overflowed with love and gratitude for the members of the Columbia Law Review Class of 2021 who were present every step of the way. To Eitan Arom, Priya Asokan, Ben Covington, Madeleine Durbin, Angie Garcia, José Jesús Martínez III, Yerv Melkonyan, Mie Morikubo, […]
* Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
* Shannon Cecil Turner Professor of Jurisprudence, University of California, Berkeley School of Law; Law clerk to the Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg, October Term 1999.
* Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, Law Clerk to the Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg, October Term 1998.
* Partner, Shapiro Arato Bach LLP. Clerked for Justice Ginsburg in October Term 1993.
* Then–Chief Judge, and now a Senior Circuit Judge, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit gave these remarks at a Columbia Law School event celebrating the twenty-fifth anniversary of Justice Ginsburg’s investiture to the Supreme Court.
* Academic Fellow & Columbia Fellow, Columbia Law School. Clerked for Justice Ginsburg during October Term 2015.
* Supreme Court and appellate partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP. From 2009 to 2016, she served in the Office of the Solicitor General.
* Associate Justice, California Supreme Court. The author clerked for Justice Ginsburg during October Term 2000.
* Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.